+ guestmap +

~ Tales of a vagrant ant ~

Follow the journey of a vagrant ant through the story of his life.

Current Desktop


Read the Archives


Links Shmlinks

Friends
- Bionic Chicken -
- Daenerys -
- Wackiejackie -
- Shmemily -
- A big kaffufle -
- Chibi Kero -

Frequented
- In passing -
- Chalk heart -
- Davezilla -
- Memepool -

Other
- Weather -
- School-
- Free Will Astrology -
- Astro.com -
- Google News -
- CBC News -

I believe
- Sierra Club -
- My Enviro Sci Website -
- Project Skyfish -




life of a lab monkey

Well frankly, that's what I am... A glorified lab monkey that runs around doing mostly the same thing over and over again. The job itself I suppose is not so interesting. Today, I punched holes in leaves most of the day. Next week, I might be upstairs, grinding the samples, and pipetting the liquid into microplates. Like I said... not the most riveting job I've had... But really, it's the people, and the little perks that make the job itself enjoyable. Usually, because the stuff we do is so routine, we have ample time to just sit and talk to people, and it's fun just learning about people and joking around and such. Although sometimes, the conversation will steer towards stuff like General Hospital, or weddings, or other such typically feminine conversational topics. That's alright, because I think I do appreciate the lull, that lets me just sort of think about my own things sometimes. And as for the perks... the last weekends have been 3 day weekends... we've also had a bbq on the friday of our 1st week of work. The following thursday was a "field trip", where we got to sit on a bus and watch movies, visit some orchards and packaging plants, and then go on a winery tour at jackson triggs, and sample 3 different wines. Good times, good times, I say.
The jobs really neat in the sense that everyone is roughly the same age, and everyone gets along great (at least so far).. there's been a couple parties and I guess I've never really had real "work friends", as I've never worked a full time job before, with consistent hours. And really, what kind of work friends was I going to have from Kumon anyways? silly math learning centre. But yeah, I've enjoyed meeting new people, although sometimes when I sit and think about it, many of these people are 2 years or so younger than me, which is strange simply in the fact that the only friends that I've ever made really have been all older...
But I guess I've fallen into a routine already.. work from 8:30 until around 4 or 5, come home, loaf around a bit, and then make dinner... look at the sunset for a while, loaf around some more, wash the dishes, make lunch for the next day, and then it's pretty much a day for me, at least on a typical weekday.
My newfound hobby is finding ways to avoid the heat. So far, heat is kicking my ass, as I somehow forgot to account for the fact that it's typically hotter, the higher you live in an apartment building. And right now it's a more-than-just-warm temperature, but it's ridiculously humid... especially since we just had a nice little thunderstorm... My oh so ever pleasant allergies have also decided to manifest itself right around now... I am hoping that I'll somehow get used to whatever it is causing this infernal hell of itchy eyes, and stuffy, runny nose. I've tentatively decided that it's work that I'm allergic to.

In other news, it's a week before I have my convocation, and get to see some of my classmates, some perhaps for the final time... My parents and sister are coming to see me, and there's a chance my aunt might show up, if we can figure out a way to get around the 3 person limit imposed upon us. She's just been taking care of me the last 4 years, and having her be there for my graduation seems like the least I could do for her... It's also a week until I get to see Katie. A very exciting prospect, as I haven't looked into her lovely eyes, or kissed her lips since April 22nd.
Another exciting thing is that when I was filling out one of those blasted surveys for the Sierra Club to steer their "Future Directions", there was a check box for education... and it was then that I really realized that yes, in fact I have finished university!

| feeling: accomplished |
| listening: the spinning of the fan |
Today's Fotolog: Sunset from my balcony

p.s. hey... I want to just get some sort of opinion... Assuming that you do look at the pictures from my fotolog, would you prefer to just have it in my lj directly, or do you like clicking the linky?

______________________


                  This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com