+ guestmap +

~ Tales of a vagrant ant ~

Follow the journey of a vagrant ant through the story of his life.

Current Desktop


Read the Archives


Links Shmlinks

Friends
- Bionic Chicken -
- Daenerys -
- Wackiejackie -
- Shmemily -
- A big kaffufle -
- Chibi Kero -

Frequented
- In passing -
- Chalk heart -
- Davezilla -
- Memepool -

Other
- Weather -
- School-
- Free Will Astrology -
- Astro.com -
- Google News -
- CBC News -

I believe
- Sierra Club -
- My Enviro Sci Website -
- Project Skyfish -




Wholesome

I decided that it was definitely time to take it easy this weekend ... There's been too much bustling, partying, running around, and a part of me just needed to chill. And it's been exactly what I've needed. I'm just in this little sweet spot in my own little world, and I feel entirely wholesome... We got off work early, so I headed over to the mall, ended up picking up some nice books. The Tao of Photography, and a book on clayoquot sound. Tres exciting! And I ran into Eee McGee (Erin McGregor), and we went shopping for a while, looking at cards, and giggling about sending cards to people for the wrong occasion. We're gonna ssend each other cards for no reason at all. I'm excited.

After that, I went home and I made myself a nice little dinner, and watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. A marvelous film, albeit a bit sad, in that uplifting kind of way. Love stories like that invariably lead my thoughts to Katie, and that's when bittersweet pain trickles into my heart for just a moment. Sometimes I feel like Katie and I can take on the world together, even if we're worlds apart... and other times, like last night, I don't know how I can survive another day without holding her in my arms. It's been a pretty hectic time for the both of us.. It's Shark Week at the Aquarium, so she's been running around madly, cutting out shark hats and fun stuff like that, and I just been busy at work, and all kinds of activities on the weekends. I guess it's just a lack of connection that's been gnawing away to me. MSN, as inadequate a substitute for actual conversation as it is, with the nuances of our body language, did its miracle work on me.

This morning, I woke up in a very confused state of mind, that soon departed, along with the strange dream that left my consciousness. I caught the bus downtown to the Farmer's Market, and purchased a delectable assortment of goodies... I got my hands on the last loaf of farmer's bread, some elk sausage, and a terrific cinnamon bun from the really friendly greek guy. I also noticed that the usual guy (with a terrific grin) running the freshly squeezed orange juice stand had been replaced by a less grinning asian guy. I wonder what happened. Being at the market today made me feel really connected to the Earth somehow... I looked at all the produce, and I could almost see the generosity that our Earth has blessed us with. You hear about all the destruction to our planet, and not to say it's not happening, but you know that Earth's still got some fight in her!

The next stop was the Dragon, the comic book store in Guelph. they were having a sale, and I bought some graphic novels. Good times, good times. And I topped it off with a visit to the lovely Carden Street Cafe for lunch. I had the thai noodles with shrimp, and a mango mousse, in Katie's honour. Teeheehee.

On the way home, it started thunderstorming, and it was so magical. I could've just stood there with awe, as the thunder rippled through the clouds. It was like someone was ripping the clouds apart, and the water was coming pouring out. But I was standing outside, close to some trees, and I was a bit scared of being struck by lightning, so like a puny human, compared to the vastness of the clouds, I scurried to the safety of my apartment.

| feeling: full of wonder |
| listening: Collective Soul - The World I Know|
Today's Photo: Spires
*I changed from Fotolog to Buzznet... It's got advertising galore, but I think it should work a bit better, and I can post more pictures! huzzah! Tell me if it works or not

______________________


                  This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com